Gregg Deal "Anarchy in the UK" T-Shirt
Lyrics from Sex Pistols' Anarchy in the UK, with truer imagery.
"The Others" is a new series that reappropriates old comic book images from the 40's and 50's of Indigenous characters. In it, the dialog is replaced with lyrics from old Punk songs of the 70's, 80's and 90's that resonate with the scene or the greater Indigenous struggle. Each image has been redrawn, recolored and repurposed to embody aspects of stereotype, identity, historical consideration and the intersection of an aspect of American culture (Punk Rock) that has affected my life and has affected innumerable Indigenous youth through the years.
These intersections are meant to illustrate the complexity of Indigenous existence, growing up in America amidst things we love and things we hate. While easily viewable as a series of works and speaks to people regardless of connection it has to specific music and bands, it stands on its own illustrating these Indigenous complexities." - Gregg Deal
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping